20 of Leeds’ favourite bars and leading bartenders will be popping up at Leeds Town Hall for a weekend festival of cocktails, a paradise for cocktail lovers.
It’s the place where trendsetting new mixes will be available, as well as champagne cocktails served by female bartenders from the new Stylist Loves Laurent-Perrier Champagne Bar. You can blend your own gin with Liquor Studio – and enjoy food from House of Fu, Bundobust and El Gato Negro Tapas.
The main stage will be taken over by Grantley Hall, a luxury hotel which opened in 2019 and you can play complimentary escape games with Escape Hunt. If you just want to stick to the cocktails, you can enjoy interactive tasting journeys from Poison Cocktail Lounge and Blind Tyger, or discover both the tastes and the techniques behind cocktail making by participating in two fifteen-minute masterclasses.
Upstairs there’ll be disco and soul with Mr Paul Dunphy and in the crypt below ground, live music from The Domino.
Stand experiences to look out for:
- Discover a suitably stylish and tasteful apres-ski lodge hosted as a collaboration between Harvey Nichols Fourth Floor Bar and Jägermeister. From hot cocktails to ice-cold serves what will you go for.
- Enjoy afternoon tea with Blackhouse as they deliver a range of very British drinks using a range of artisan teas in partnership with Slingsby including their newly released Marmalade Edition, rhubarb and gooseberry.
- Descend into the Victorian cells to have your ailments cured in the Victoria Apothecary curated by The Maven in partnership with a new brand launch exclusive, The Sexton Irish Whiskey.
- Futurize your cocktail drinking experience with augmented reality as Be At One showcase their new AI cocktails in partnership with Bombay Sapphire or get behind the bar and get your flair on.
- Gather around Tabitha the copper pot for tastings and masterclasses or grab the headphones for a spot of silent disco as Belvedere invite you to discover the changing personalities of Jake’s Bar & Still Room at this year’s event.
Whatever your tastes, Cocktails in The City is working with everyone to ensure you enjoy something special in this the festival’s 9th year.
Entry tickets start at £6.50 for entry only and cocktails on the evening are priced at £6.50. Entry is for over 18s only. Start time is 5 p.m., closing at 11 p.m.
2020’s Line-Up includes:
Be At One, Below Stairs, Blackhouse, Blind Tyger, The Botanist, Bundobust, The Domino, EightyEight at Grantley Hall, El Gato Negro, Harvey Nichols Fourth Floor Bar, Hedonist, House of Fu, Jake’s Bar & Still Room, Liquor Studio, Lost and Found, Manahatta, Norton Bar & Courtyard at Grantley Hall, The Maven, Poison Cocktail Lounge, Sky Lounge, Stylist Loves Laurent-Perrier Champagne Bar, Tattu and The Watermark.
Tickets and more information are available here
All photographs are Cocktails in The City 2019.
Adam combines his interest in Leeds with a flair for writing discovered back in school days. He says he’ll tackle any topic as long as it’s Leeds.