On the back of the success of their Cocktail Experience formula, Pink Gorilla’s first Summer Cocktail Experience week is taking place on 21 to 27 May.
Over 20 of the City’s best nightlife spots will hold in-house events, creating bespoke cocktails to showcase their mixology and culinary talents. Pink Gorilla wants to highlight how far the bar and drinking culture has come in the last five years, and to celebrate the people behind it.
So – whether you want a cocktail masterclass or cocktails with a bottomless brunch; whether it’s lunch or dinner you prefer – with cocktails – there is something for you on the Cocktail Experience calendar. Each venue promises to deliver something fresh. Here are just a few:
- The Alchemist has over the last twelve months been brimming with awards.
- Luke Downing and the Vice & Virtue team cleaned up at the 2018 YEP Oliver Awards, sauntering off with the Best Chef and Best Fine Dining, which surely means there’s a treat in store.
- Epernay, champagne bar extraordinaire.
- Malmaison is currently crafting an offer fit for their household names, their A-list guests.
- Vegas-worthy Victoria Gate Casino is also ready to entice.
- The Maven, cocktail specialists, are concocting something special.
- Blackhouse’s Great British Beef Off was a huge success last year, raising money for the Tim Bacon Foundation and raising awareness of their food and drink passion.
Other popular venues participating are:
Banyan, Be At One, The Botanist, Lost & Found, Manahatta, Oracle, Revolucion de Cuba, Blind Tyger, Chida Cantina, Dirty Martini, Pintura, East 59th, The Liquorist, Thewlis and Angelica.
Here’s what Jordan Odu, Pink Gorilla’s Director, had to say:
‘’The Summer Cocktail Experience aims to celebrate the City’s diverse bar scene and allows the discerning party people of Yorkshire to experience a range of bespoke cocktail-centric events within the confines of some of Leeds most iconic hotspots.’’
‘’The cocktail scene has come a long way in the past decade, and we want to showcase the creativity and raw talent demonstrated by some of the City’s best-loved bars and mixologists. Gone are the days when you could rustle up a standard five cocktail classics menu and get away with it; the people of Leeds expect more now……………. and the bars we’ve chosen are among the City’s best when it comes to the art of cocktail-making.’’
Adam combines his interest in Leeds with a flair for writing discovered back in school days. He says he’ll tackle any topic as long as it’s Leeds.