At 4 p.m. on Thursday 25 November, Rachel Reeves MP will have the help of children from across Leeds to switch on the Kirkstall Forge Christmas lights. The children, all winners of Rachel’s Christmas card competition, are: Maya from Valley View, Mikeyla from Whitecote and Caitlin from Kirkstall St Stephens.
All of the cards entered into the competition will be there on display, and everyone is invited to join the fun:
- An artist from Leeds Circus doing walkabout performances to entertain visitors
- Circus performance art workshops – learn how to plate spin, keep a diablo in the air and other Circus feats
- Music from local band Music in the Attic
- A chance to start your Christmas shopping at the variety of stalls with local independent traders selling jewellery, candles and clothes to toys and hampers selling jewellery, candles, clothes, toys and much more…
- Fun activities for children of all ages are being organised by the Kirkstall Life Team and Kirkstall Valley Development Trust.
Rachel Reeves MP: “I am looking forward to beginning the Christmas celebrations at Kirkstall Forge on the 25th November, along with welcoming the fantastic winners and runners up of my Christmas card Competition. It’ll be a delight to start the festivities together, helping launch Christmas at CEG this year – and for my first mince pie of the season!”
The event is also set to raise much-needed funds for Heart Research UK with a Christmas raffle now running on www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kirkstallforgelife
CEG’s Strategic Marketing Manager, Lucy Renshaw: “We were keen to organise some free Christmas festivities for the local community and hope people will pop down to the site, sample some festive fayre from Butlers café and deli and join in some of the activities. For those keen to shop, we are delighted to be supporting an array of local independent businesses with our Christmas market. We look forward to welcoming our local MP, Rachel Reeves, along with the winners from the Christmas Card Competition, for the light switch on and look forward to seeing everyone at The Forge from 4pm on the 25th November for an early festive fete.”
To find out more please visit https://www.kirkstallforge.com/events/kirkstall-forge-christmas/